My name is Amber L. I chose to interview Fred Leivo.
1. What is your full name? Fredrick Theron Leivo.
2. Were you named after anyone? Fredrick is my uncle's name; Theron was my grandfather's name.
3. Where were you born? Glendale, California, USA
4. What are your parent's names? Carl Keijo Leivo and Wynone Leivo.
5. What countries/states/cities did you grow up in? Granada Hills, California.
6. What do you remember about the house that you lived in? We lived in a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, one story home. There was also a fireplace, family room and swimming pool. My dad remolded and enlarged the house. There was a brick patio, train house and tree house.
7. What do remember most about your childhood? Going to school, playing football in the street and the park, and playing "combat."
8. What is your background? I lived in Granada Hills until I was 22, then I moved to Northridge where I attended Tulsa Elementary School, Patrick Henry Jr. High, Granada Hills High School, Cal State Northridge University, USC School of Pharmacy. I moved to Carpinteria upon Graduation of Pharmacy School in 1980. I married Nancy in 1980. Bought a pharmacy in 1981. Our son Tyler was born in 1986, and our daughter was born in 1990.
9. What is your family background, personal history (grandparents, great grandparents, and relatives) and their roles in the community? My mother is a retired elementary school teacher (LA Unified School District). My father was a contractor, he built many buildings in Southern California. My sister is a bookkeeper and my brother is a city planner in the Bay area.
10. Tell my more about your immediate family. My wife Nancy and I have been married for 20 years, she helps me run the pharmacy. Tyler is an honor student at the Middle School, Amber is a great horseback rider and attends Main School. We have a wonderful dog named Teddy, and a cat named Max.
11.Could you describe your profession to me? I own Coast Village Pharmacy. I counsel patients, fill prescriptions, consult with physicians and nurses, and supervise the staff.
12.What is the address and phone of your business? 1020 Coast Village Road, Santa Barbara, Ca 93108 (805) 969-4728.
13.Describe the activities in which you are involved. Aside from the previously mentioned duties, I also helped to invent a new therapy for chronic sinus infections.
!4.What path did you take to become a leader? Extensive education.
15. What does the term "Civic Leadership" mean to you? To be able to help community members in any way I am able.
16.Could you list and describe the changes or contributions you have made to the community? I have made numerous donations to schools and charities to help improve community member's lives. Helping patients on an individual basis.
17.How long have you been involved with the community? 20 years.
18. Tell me something unusual that has happened to you. I recently joined a group of professionals that invented a new treatment for sinus infections.
View more Business Leaders