Interview with Ron Biscaro
By: Nolan N. and Sam B.1. What is your full name? Ronald Marc Biscaro.
2. Where were you born? Rome, Italy.
3. When did you arrive here? 1979
4. What are your parent’s names? Sylvio Marie Paule.
5. What countries, states, and or cities did you grow up in? Montreal and St. Lambert, Quebec.
6. What do remember about the house you lived in while growing up? It had a neat backyard and was close to the park.
7. What do you remember most about your childhood? I played a lot of sports, mainly hockey and baseball. I had lots of friends.
8. What is your background? I have a Biology degree and a Master’s degree in Hospital Administration.
9. Tell me about your family. We have 4 children. Their ages are 8, 9, 11, and 12! My wife is studying to be a nurse.
10. What is your family background and personal history? My wife’s grandfather and father ran a feed business. Her father no longer lives in Santa Barbara. My wife’s father is an actor.
11. Are there some people that have contributed to your success as a community leader? My father had a great influence on me. He was a very fair person and was able to speak about important issues with others.
12. Could you please describe your profession to me? I am a hospital administrator and I manage the operations of St. Francis Medical Center. I work with other managers, go to a lot of meetings, and work with the Medical Staff. I spend a lot of time with financial and personal matters. I also spend a lot of time using my computer for e-mail, as well as a lot of time on the phone.
13. What is the address of your business? 601 East Mitcheltorena Street. Santa Barbara, Ca. 93103 (805) 568-5868.
14. Describe the activities in which you are currently involved. I just completed the budget for the next fiscal year. I am also involved in the planning of the new computer systems at St. Francis.
15. What path did you take to become a leader? I was trained in college for hospital administration. My first job was managing a large clinical department in a large hospital. I did this for about 7 years until I got an opportunity to become the Administrator.
16. What does the term “Civic Leadership” mean to you? It means serving the community through participation in various civic organizations. I do this as I represent the Hospital.
17. Could you list and describe the changes or contributions that you have made to the community. I have served in a leader capacity on several organizational boards which include Catholic Charities, Santa Barbara Regional Health Authority, Medi-Cal Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Santa Barbara Downtown Rotary Club. I have served on many boards to improve our community.
18. Describe any changes that have taken place since you have become a leader. The community is always very dynamic which means it is always progressing.
19. How long have you been involved in the community? 12 years.
20. Tell me something unusual that has happened to you. I lost my hat in the wind during our summer vacation 2 years ago in the Grand Canyon. I watched it flutter all the way down.
21. What is your favorite color? Blue.
22. What is your favorite car? Chevy Corvette.
View more Medical Leaders