Our class interviewed Mrs. Foley
1. What is your full name? Mary Kathryn Bailard Foley.
2. Were you named after any one? I am named after my mother.
3. Where were you born? Santa Barbara
4. If you weren't born in the United States when did you arrive here? I was born in the United States.
5. What are your parent's names? Kathryn Bailard & Lawrence Bailard.
6.Where did you grow up? I lived in Carpinteria most of my life.
7. What do you remember about the house you lived in? I lived in a house that leaked.
8. What do you remember most about your childhood? All summer I liked going to the beach and in winter I liked going to school.
9. What is your family background? German, England and Ireland.
10. Tell me about your family? My father's family came in 1868.
11. What is your family back round, personal history / grandparents great grandparents, relatives? My great grandfather came to Carpinteria and owned a great big farm in 1868. He had 13 children total.
12. How long have these significant relatives lived here? Since 1868.
13. What previous professions have they had? They were farmers.
14. Are there some other people that have contributed to your success as a community leader? Example- relatives, friends and how they have helped? My husband supported me.
15. Could you describe your profession to me? What do you do at your job? I teach children.
16. Describe the activities in which you are involved? I am involved in schools and new schools.
17. What path did you take to become a leader? I went to college
18.What does the term "Civic Leadership" mean to you? To help my community.
19. Could you list and describe the changes or contributions you have made to the community? I have taught at a school in Summerland for six years and I have taught in Carpinteria for one year.
20. How many brothers and sisters do you have? I have three brothers.
View more School Leaders